Whose mathematical work on the laws of motion still forms the basis for the study of motion today?
When a candidate says he stands for "a clean country and good education," the speaker is using which type of propaganda? A. Testimonials
B. Name Calling
C. Glittering Generalities
The correct answer would be alternative C) "Glittering Generalities."
This kind of speech, also known as glowing generalities is a kind of speech associated with highly valued ideas and beliefs that are appealing to the public, without actually providing information or even reason.
Testimonials stand for talking about personal experience, which is not the case.
Name calling has nothing to do with the sentence being analyzed.
W.E.B. Du Bois was an outspoken critic of which fellow African American?
1. What military engagement signaled the beginning of the Civil War? Antieta
2. which of the following gave the north the most advantage at the start of the civil war?
A . familiarity with the territory they were fighting on
B. strong military leaders
C. a larger population
D. a strong cause to fight for
3. Which of the following was *NOT* a cause of the civil war?
A. a belief in states' rights.
B. blockading Southern ports.
C. increasing the tariffs placed on foreign textiles.
D. firing on Fort Sumter.
4. Why did the South decide to fight a defensive war?
A. To protect their plantations.
B. To make the North look like the aggressor.
C. To take advantage of their knowledge of the land.
D. To make maximum use of their limited transportation system.
1. Fort Sumter is the correct answer. It marks the beginning of the Civil War as rebel troops attacked the Federal fort.
2. C is the correct answer. From the outset, the South faced an uphill battle as the North was the center of industry and population.
3. B is the correct answer. The blockades came after the declaration of war. It should be said that "State's Rights" is known now as a fake cause of the Civil War pushed by people trying to hide the racist history of the Southern cause.
4. B is largely the answer, although C and D are also reasons. B is the most correct in that the South knew that to win they did not have to conqueror the North but they had to keep the North from conquering them.